When a potential buyer is interested in making an offer on a domain name, the buyer purchases a DomainAgents credit and identifies the domain name they are interested in acquiring. We then attempt to contact the domain name owner to present the offer on the potential buyer's behalf.
The domain name owner receives notice from DomainAgents via email or phone alerting them to the offer made on their domain name. When the domain owner visits DomainAgents, they can either engage in negotiations, accept or decline the offer. To compensate them for their time, DomainAgents either pays the owner $10.00, gives them a free DomainAgents credit to make an offer on a domain name themselves, or donates $10.00 to a selected charity of the owner's choice.
For more details on the DomainAgents process, please see below.
Offer Process For Buyers
- Enter the domain name you wish to make an offer on along with your opening offer.
- Create an account with DomainAgents.
- Purchase a DomainAgents credit for $19.95.
- DomainAgents will contact the current owner of the domain name and present your offer. We do this by email or phone. If after multiple attempts we cannot contact the domain name owner, we allow you to make an offer on a second domain name at no additional charge.
- When the owner responds they may accept your offer, decline it, or enter into negotiations.
- When an agreement to buy / sell the domain has been reached, we will transfer you to a well known third party escrow company, Escrow.com, to safely transfer the domain name. The Escrow.com transaction will be created and include the service fee of 10% of agreed sale price, plus escrow costs.
Offer Process For Domain Owners
- A potential buyer has entered your domain name and an offer on our site. They have purchased a DomainAgents credit for $19.95 to ensure that it is a serious offer.
- You have been contacted as you are listed as the current owner of the domain name in the publicly available whois. The sole intent of our contact is to present an inquiry regarding the potential availability of your domain name.
- If you choose to review the offer, you may accept the offer, decline it or open negotiations.
- Once you have entered into negotiations, or accept the offer, DomainAgents will pay you $10.00 to compensate you for your time.
If you decline the offer or do not wish to receive the $10.00 via Paypal or in the form of a DomainAgents credit, you may request that DomainAgents donate $10.00 to a selected charity of your choice.
- When you and the potential buyer agree on a price to sell your domain name, we transfer you to a well known third party escrow service, Escrow.com, to safely transfer the domain name. The price you negotiate is the amount you receive. All escrow and service fees are paid by the buyer.